Maine to Canada bus service to end | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The bus line that goes from Bangor to Atlantic Canada is going to end its service at the end of the month.
Acadian Bus Lines out of Canada has been operating from the Bangor Greyhound station since 1989. The company says there just isn't enough business to keep the service going. So it's decided to stop the run on February 27th.
Passenger Jessica Brountas says she visits a friend in Canada and will miss the service. Brountas says, "It is going to be a lot more difficult for me. I am not very happy about it. I think it would have better if they would have chosen have the busses just on the weekends if they were having issues having people here because I really think that there are quite a few people who enjoy using it."
A company spokesman told NEWS CENTER that money is the only reason the service is being eliminated. The bus line is also cutting back service in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia as well.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cancer battle doesn't stop choir director from sharing music
- Rising water threatens Acadia salt marshes
- Maine Forest Service fights 100+ acre wildfire
- Tickets on Sale for Opera House Arts 14th Summer Season at the Stonington Opera House and Burnt Cove
- The Grand Theatre Celebrates 75 Years with Grand Week
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail