Great outdoors focus of weekend event in Brewer | News
BREWER, Maine (NEWS CENTER) --- Snow may be making it hard to get around but that's not stopping people in Brewer from enjoying the great outdoors this weekend.
The Cabin Fever Reliever show was pretty packed for its first day at the Brewer Auditorium on Saturday. Guests came from all around Eastern Maine to learn how to tie flies for fishing, make nets and watch other demonstrations. The show is organized each year by the Penobscot Fly Fishers. Members of the group say its all about showing people how to embrace activities outdoors no matter what time of year it is.
"What it does is it exposes you to all four seasons," said Ernest MacDonald, who is a member of the fly fishers, "whether you're skiing or you're hiking in the woods. It exposes you to everything and that's what we want to do and that's what we hope to do anyway."
This is the shows eight year in Brewer. In all about 47 vendors are taking part. The show will continue at the auditorium on Sunday.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail