BDN apology unaccepted by many gun owners | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The Bangor Daily News stated in it's weekend news paper that it has rescinded it's request for records of concealed weapon permit holders, but still several are upset over the paper's action.
Many of those people were at the BDN's front steps on Main Street in Bangor Saturday afternoon in protest. A collection of Green Mail boxes with the paper's logo on the side piled up as the afternoon carried on.
The freedom of access request by the news paper drew attention throughout the week. The paper has apologized saying that it "regrets that its request for information may have been taken as a person attack on concealed carry permit holders." The Bangor paper has also said that it never planned on publishing any personal identifying information of permit holders that it would have received.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail