Bike Maine 2013 announces route for inaugural ride | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Only the hardiest of souls are out biking during these coldest days of winter, but the planning is well underway right now for the Bicycle Coalition of Maine's 'Bike Maine 2013 Inaugural Ride.' The 7 day ride will begin and end in Orono, and will feature scenic rides through several communities including Dover-Foxcroft, Belfast, Castine, Bar Harbor and Ellsworth. Cyclists will camp each evening in the various communities and enjoy meals prepared by local organizations that use locally sourced foods. Organizers hope the ride will showcase local comunities, and promote healthy lifestyles.
"There are several other successful week long ride programs in other parts of the country and some of our coalition members have been on those rides in other parts of the country, most notably cycle oregon and ride the rockies," explained Kim Andersen True, the Bike Maine 2013 Ride Director.
The ride will take place from September 7th through the 14th.
For more information, visit http://bikemaine.org
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region