Help Mike DeSumma on his Polar Plunge | News
NEWS CENTER's Mike DeSumma is looking for your help as he prepares to plunge into the cold waters of Phillips Lake this weekend.
Mike is taking part in the annual 'Polar Plunge' on Saturday February 16, 2013 in Dedham, Maine to benefit two great camps in the Pine Tree State.
Camp CaPella is located on Phillips Lake in Dedham and is for children and adults living with physical and developmental disabilities. Each summer the camp provides week-long sessions for the kids --- many of whom are living with conditions that include Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida and Downs Syndrome. In many cases donations raised for the camp go towards sponsoring children for the summer who otherwise could not afford to go. More information on the camp can be found by clicking here:
Camp Sunshine in Casco, Maine is also benefiting from the plunge this year. It is located on the shores of Sebago Lake and is for children living with life-threatening illnesses and their families. Every year, Camp Sunshine provides free programs and activities that take place through all four seasons. Many campers there are living with diseases that include cancer, kidney diseases and lupus. You can find more information on the camp by clicking here: http://www.campsunshine.org/about_camp/
Mike has no goal for his plunge but is looking to raise as many donations as he can before it. Details on how you can help him with his campaign are located on this page.
If you would like to donate to Camp CaPella follow this link and click on where it says 'Donate' to get started:
If you would like to make a donation to Camp Sunshine, click here:
Finally, if you happen to be in Dedham, Maine next weekend and would like to take the time to see Mike freeze, the plunge will be taking place at Camp CaPella off route 1A beginning at 1 p.m. You can park your car at the Dedham School as well as the Lucerne Inn as there is limited parking at the camp. Free shuttle service will be provided.
Thanks once again for all of your support!
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail