Maine Medevac unit returns from Kuwait after year-long mission | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) --- Friday marked an emotional ending to a year of service for members of the Maine Army National Guard.
Soldiers in the First 126th Air Medevac Unit were reunited with their families during the afternoon.
Their unit just returned from a year's deployment in Kuwait where it helped with air medical rescues and transporting soldiers with combat-related injuries.
Families filled a hanger at the army national guard base in Bangor to greet them with a hero's welcome.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One Leg Remaining in Pine Tree Hospice’s Triple Crown Golf Tournament
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school