Benefit supper held in Orrington for the Johnson family | News
ORRINGTON, Maine (NEWS CENTER)-- On Saturday, Nov. 10, Christine Johnson lost her husband Ben and her three children Ben, Ryan, and Leslie in a fatal house fire in Orrington. Now the community is offering its support.
On Saturday, Nov. 17, community members gathered at Center Drive School in Orrington for a spaghetti supper.
East Orrington Congregational Church senior pastor Carl Schreiber said all of the money raised Saturday night will be put into a trust fund for Christine. He said Saturday's dinner allows for the healing process to begin for everyone who was affected by the fire, but it is also important to help Christine.
"We will help in what way we can and that's with a community gathering to show Christine how much she is loved and how much she is supported by both friends, neighbors and strangers," Schreiber said.
If you would like to help Christine Johnson, checks can be sent to Seaboard Federal Credit Union in Bucksport, in care of the Johnson Family Fund.
Upcoming Events near Bangor
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Labor Day weekend fun in your area
- Bangor man arrested for unlawful sexual touching
- Bangor Police said a Berlin, New Hampshire man was arrested and charged with assault Thursday.
- Police watching for school zone speeders
- Pulse Marketing Agency Donates School Supplies to Vine Street and Downeast Schools of Bangor