Benefit supper held in Orrington for the Johnson family | News
ORRINGTON, Maine (NEWS CENTER)-- On Saturday, Nov. 10, Christine Johnson lost her husband Ben and her three children Ben, Ryan, and Leslie in a fatal house fire in Orrington. Now the community is offering its support.
On Saturday, Nov. 17, community members gathered at Center Drive School in Orrington for a spaghetti supper.
East Orrington Congregational Church senior pastor Carl Schreiber said all of the money raised Saturday night will be put into a trust fund for Christine. He said Saturday's dinner allows for the healing process to begin for everyone who was affected by the fire, but it is also important to help Christine.
"We will help in what way we can and that's with a community gathering to show Christine how much she is loved and how much she is supported by both friends, neighbors and strangers," Schreiber said.
If you would like to help Christine Johnson, checks can be sent to Seaboard Federal Credit Union in Bucksport, in care of the Johnson Family Fund.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail