Auction taking place next weekend to benefit Maine Discovery Museum | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) --- If you're looking for something fun to do on the night of November 17, you might want to consider heading over to the Hilton Garden Inn in Bangor.
The 'Maine Discovery Museum' will be holding its annual dinner and art fundraiser. Each year artists from around the state donate pieces to be raffled and auctioned off to benefit Maine Discovery. This year they've donated paintings, sculptures and other works all centered around the outdoors in the state.
Roughly 800,000 people have visited the Maine Discovery Museum in Bangor since it opened back in 2001. Its directors say the money raised from this fundraiser will go a long way in helping children learn.
"It's our biggest fundraiser of the year...creates really critical money for us so we can continue to offer scholarships and run our educational programs at the museum," said Niles Parker, who is the museum's executive director, "We couldn't do it without this event."
Upcoming Events near Bangor
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Labor Day weekend fun in your area
- Bangor man arrested for unlawful sexual touching
- Bangor Police said a Berlin, New Hampshire man was arrested and charged with assault Thursday.
- Police watching for school zone speeders
- Pulse Marketing Agency Donates School Supplies to Vine Street and Downeast Schools of Bangor