Host of 'Dick Stacey's Country Jamboree' passed away | News
CHERRYFIELD, Maine (NEWS CENTER)--Many Mainers who are old enough will remember that before there was Ryan Seacrest, or even Dick Clark, there was Charlie Tenan.
We are sad to report that the host of 'Dick Stacey's Country Jamboree' passed away Thursday afternoon, according to family members. The show was a down home, downeast version of American Idol. Tenan was the host and emcee for the country jamboree and its predecessor show 'Frankenstein'. Those who knew him best say Charlie was friends with everyone. He served as town selectmen in Cherryfield for 30 years. Tenen was 81 years old.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail