Deer Isle man charged in Bangor stabbing | News
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - Bangor, Maine, police say a 24-year-old Deer Isle man has been charged in the stabbing of another man outside a club in the city.
The victim of Wednesday's stabbing, a 26-year-old man from Newburgh, was treated by paramedics for cuts to his arm and upper torso and refused to be transported to a hospital.
Police say the stabbing took place in a parking lot, and they later arrested 24-year-old Walker Gaspar.
Police were told that Gaspar was asked to leave the Harlow Street club for being disorderly and trying to start a fight with another patron. The patron said that when he walked outside he was attacked by Gaspar.
Gaspar is charged with aggravated assault, reckless conduct and is in Penobscot County Jail.
Upcoming Events near Bangor
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Family of 12 year old girl seeks unapproved drug to treat her brain tumor
- Salvation Army volunteer shares story of needing warm coat
- New year will bring changes to student pregnancy policies for Brewer schools
- Record high meth busts drain MDEA resources
- Gift basket auction going on to benefit Bangor senior center