Bangor standoff ends with assault suspect in custody | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A Bangor man was arrested Friday morning after police say he assaulted a woman and caused a standoff.
Authorities say 29 year old Jared Ross assaulted his girlfriend's mother inside their home on Dirigo Drive sometime before 4 a.m. Friday.
Both women escaped the home but Ross's girlfriend was unable to get her 11-month-old baby out of the house. Investigators say Ross had a shotgun.
After four hours police finally were finally able to get into the home where the gunman surrendered peacefully. The baby was unharmed and later reunited with its mother.
The woman injured in the incident was treated for her injuries. Jared Ross was taken to the Penobscot County Jail. He is facing charges for assault with a dangerous weapon and domestic violence.
Upcoming Events near Bangor
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Labor Day weekend fun in your area
- Bangor man arrested for unlawful sexual touching
- Bangor Police said a Berlin, New Hampshire man was arrested and charged with assault Thursday.
- Police watching for school zone speeders
- Pulse Marketing Agency Donates School Supplies to Vine Street and Downeast Schools of Bangor