Bangor standoff ends with assault suspect in custody | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A Bangor man was arrested Friday morning after police say he assaulted a woman and caused a standoff.
Authorities say 29 year old Jared Ross assaulted his girlfriend's mother inside their home on Dirigo Drive sometime before 4 a.m. Friday.
Both women escaped the home but Ross's girlfriend was unable to get her 11-month-old baby out of the house. Investigators say Ross had a shotgun.
After four hours police finally were finally able to get into the home where the gunman surrendered peacefully. The baby was unharmed and later reunited with its mother.
The woman injured in the incident was treated for her injuries. Jared Ross was taken to the Penobscot County Jail. He is facing charges for assault with a dangerous weapon and domestic violence.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail