More people are flying in and out of BIA | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER)-- Before you know it the holiday season will be upon us which means more people will be traveling to visit loved ones. However Bangor International Airport is already seeing an increase in passengers traveling through the airport.
BIA Director Tony Caruso said the airport has seen a 12 percent increase in travelers this year. He also said there was a one percent increase in the amount of people that flew at BIA last month compared to August of 2011.
Caruso said there are a couple of reasons why there has been more traffic at BIA.
"I think our passenger numbers are up one because certainly because there is strong demand here in our market so we're very appreciative of folks utilizing our airport. Fares seem to be well inline with our competitive airports. So certainly we're very excited given the current economic climate,"
Caruso said that BIA is working with the airlines that already serve the city to expand the routes they offer.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail