Officials credit smoke detectors with saving four lives | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Officials credit smoke detectors with saving four lives
News


 

LaGrange, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Smoke detectors may have saved four people in a LaGrange fire Monday morning.

Four people were able to escape a burning home this morning, and officials credit working smoke detectors. The fire was called in at approximately 7:30 Monday morning.

Firefighters say the four people all made it out safely after hearing the smoke detector go off.

Fortunately, the house was right across from the fire station, and crews responded quickly.

LeGrange Assistant Fire Chief Michael Bacon said, "there's a lot of damagebut, you know, we really have to thank our communities. If we didn't have mutual aid communities, this could have gone a lot different."

The fire marshal's office is investigating the fire.


News