American Folk Festival promises diverse roster of talent | News
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - The 2012 American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront will feature 16 musical groups this year.
The festival will take place Aug. 24-26. Besides a diverse lineup of music, it includes crafts, food and demonstrations.
This year's acts run the gamut from western swing, blues and bluegrass, to Franco, Cajun, Irish, Scottish pipe and drum, Lakota hoop dance, gospel, doo wop, and Tamburitza. Click here to see the full lineup and their performance schedule.
In addition to music, dozens of food vendors including regional specialties, ethnic foods, and festival favorites will be set up.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region