Joggers urge safety after a woman dies from a hit and run | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Runners and walkers are reminding drivers to share the road after the death of a woman in Bangor.
Brecon Oldham was hit by a car while she was out for an early morning walk. She later died of her injuries.
The Sub-5 runners club meets a couple times a week and after hearing about the accident the runners decided to remind drivers and runners alike to be careful and share the road.
Peter Lodge runs with the club and says street crossings can be a dangerous place because of congestion and multiple distractions. He urges all runners to use extreme caution.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One Leg Remaining in Pine Tree Hospice’s Triple Crown Golf Tournament
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school