Red Claws 'put on clinic' for Maine youth | News
PORTLAND, ME - The Maine Red Claws are on the road for one month straight. Not to play competitively, but to pass their knowledge to those around Maine and New Hampshire.
The third annual summer clinic series will last throughout July to the beginning of August. The 90-minute free clinics will teach the basketball fundamentals to children of all ages and will be held at select Dunkin' Donuts restaurants. The month-long Maine Red Claws Summer Clinic Series Sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts, will bring the team's caravan to 12 cities and towns, travelling more than 1,200 miles from Conway, NH to Thomaston, ME. The clinic series will kick off in Gorham on July 9 and conclude August 2 in Lisbon Falls.
"This is wonderful collaboration with the local Dunkin' Donuts business owners to bring professional basketball to kids across the state, and a great opportunity for us to visit fans across Maine, many of whom may have only had the opportunity to see the team play on television," said Red Claws Vice President of Corporate Partnerships, Dajuan Eubanks. "This is the third season we have held the Maine Red Claws Summer Clinic Series Sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts, and we are looking forward to another great summer traveling throughout the state and meeting Red Claws fans."
All of the clinics will begin at 10 AM and will be held in the parking lot of the locally-owned Dunkin' Donuts location. No preregistration is necessary. Further information can be found on the Red Claws website www.maineredclaws.com as well as at the participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants.
Over 100 Dunkin' Donuts stores in Maine are locally owned and operated by franchisees, and they are continually looking for ways to give back to their community with programs such as these clinics.
The Maine Red Claws Summer Clinic Series Sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts is scheduled for the following locations:
- Monday, July 9 593 Lower Main Street, Gorham
- Tuesday, July 10 386 Madison Avenue, Skowhegan
- Wednesday, July 11 17 Schilling Street, Brewer
- Monday. July 16 Main Street, South Paris
- Tuesday, July 17 104 Pleasant Street, Brunswick
- Wednesday, July 18 1946 White Mountain Highway, Conway, NH
- Thursday, July 19 1385 Main Street, Poland
- Friday, July 20 865 Portland Road, Saco
- Monday, July 30 636 Wilton Road, Farmington
- Tuesday, July 31 Route 1, Thomaston
- Wednesday, August 1 800 Minot Avenue, Auburn
- Thursday, August 2 583 Lisbon Street, Lisbon Falls