Suspect in Lagrange standoff now police custody | News
LAGRANGE, Maine (NEWS CENTER) --- A man from Lagrange is in custody tonight after causing a massive standoff with police at his home.
Penobscot County Sheriffs deputies responded to the home on Brimstone Road Thursday morning. Police chased the man there after he allegedly assaulted a woman at a gas station in Orono.
The man's son and father were home at the time. A state police tactical team and K9 units were called in. They remained on the scene for the next nine hours.
What investigators did not know is the man left the house not long after they got there. Authorities in Orono say he slipped out a side door and into the woods and got picked up in a car by someone.
The man eventually turned himself into police in Bangor. His name is not being released. He was taken to the Penobscot County jail.
The Orono Police Department is continuing to investigate the matter with the help of the Penobscot County Sheriffs Office.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail