Man killed in motorcycle/truck accident in Hampden | News
HAMPDEN, Maine (NEWS CENTER)-- A man is dead after he lost control of his motorcycle and was hit by an oncoming truck in Hampden.
Malcolm Lane of Winterport was heading north on Monroe Road and was hit by a truck going south.
Police said it is not clear how Lane lost control. He was pronounced dead on the scene. The truck driver was not hurt.
Police closed the road at the scene of the accident so they can investigate what may have caused the crash.
According to police, this accident happened at a time when there are typically fewer people on this particular road.
"It's a busy road particularly the commuter traffic in the morning and in the evening. During the day it's not as busy, but certainly in the morning and afternoon it is," Sgt Christian Bailey with the Hampden Police Dept. said.
No charges have been filed but the investigation continues.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail