Bangor Police investigating suspicious death | News
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - Police in Bangor, Maine, say a call about a fight led them to a man who was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Police are calling the death suspicious.
They got the call about a fight and responded to First Street between Cedar and Davis streets at about 1:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Sgt. Paul Edwards says a man was taken to Eastern Maine Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
A portion of First Street was closed during the investigation.
No additional information, including the victim's name and manner of death, was immediately released.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail