Financial Fitness Fair gives students a reality check | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER)-- Financial Fitness Fairs have become very popular with Maine schools. On Tuesday about 100 Bangor area Juniors took part in a fair.
Students were asked to choose a career out of college. Then they're told what their monthly income will be and the students need to make that money last a month. That includes getting a car, a place to live, insurance, food ect.
Diana Dionne with the Maine Credit Union League says the fair is an interactive game of life for the students. She says they select Juniors for a reason, "Its usually Juniors. They're in a good place in life. They are trying to decide what they want to do. Where they are going to go. So, I think it is a good time when you are in that deciding year of your life."
Dionne says once a school participates it usually sends students back to the fair.
Upcoming Events near Bangor
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Family of 12 year old girl seeks unapproved drug to treat her brain tumor
- Salvation Army volunteer shares story of needing warm coat
- New year will bring changes to student pregnancy policies for Brewer schools
- Record high meth busts drain MDEA resources
- Gift basket auction going on to benefit Bangor senior center