Martin’s Point Health Care Center In Bangor Recognized | Events
The Martin’s Point Health Care Center in Bangor has been identified as an “exemplar practice” by a new national program funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, The Primary Care Team: Learning from Effective Ambulatory Practices (the LEAP Project). The Bangor Health Care Center is one of up to 30 primary care practices that are being selected for this distinction, out of hundreds of practices that were nominated by national experts and rated by a National Advisory Committee.
The goal of the LEAP Project is to identify and share innovative staffing arrangements that make primary care more accessible and effective for patients. A LEAP team will conduct a three-day site visit to understand how the Martin’s Point Health Care Center’s primary care team delivers high quality, patient-centered health care. The exemplar practices will then join together in a learning community to share best practices and distill their innovations into training and technical assistance materials that can be used by others.
“We are indeed honored to have been selected for this honor by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, particularly since it was a detailed nationwide search. It is a high tribute to the dedicated work by our office team,” said Charles Burger, primary care physician and Practice Medical Director at the Bangor Health Care Center.
Martin’s Point Health Care is a progressive, not-for-profit health care organization committed to providing the best possible health care experience to its patients and members. The organization is comprised of a multi-specialty medical group with nine primary care health centers in Maine and New Hampshire. Most major insurances are accepted. Martin’s Point also administers three health plans: the largest and highest rated Medicare Advantage plan in Maine, the US Family Health Plan for military families and retirees throughout New England, and a new innovative program for Maine employers called MaineSense. For more information, visit http://www.martinspoint.org/.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail