2013 Hike for the Homeless | Community Spirit
BANGOR, Maine-- The 2013 Hike for the Homeless will be held on Saturday, April 13. Proceeds from the event benefit the Bangor Area Homeless Shelter.
The hike will depart from Bangor High School in Bangor, the Cianchette Building in Brewer, Hampden Academy in Hampden and the Sports Arena in Hermon. All hikers will converge on the Bangor waterfront near the Sea Dog for raffle prizes as well as an opportunity to learn more about the Bangor Area Homeless Shelter.
For more information about the hike and to register, visit the Hike for the Homeless website.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail