BikeMaine-- a 7-Day cycling event is the first in New England | Community Spirit
BikeMaine, a seven-day, 400 mile rolling celebration of Maine will run September 7 through 14.
The loop route, which begins and ends inOrono, will see cyclists camping in the following host communities: Orono, Dover-Foxcroft, Belfast, Castine, Bar Harbor (two nights) and Camp Jordan (Ellsworth). A map of the route is pictured below.
Limited to 350 riders in the first year, half from out-of-state, the event is expected to grow to about 2,000 riders after the startup years, offering an economic boost to host communities supporting the ride. Each year, the route will visit a different part of Maine with new host communities.
BikeMaine is the latest and most ambitious undertaking of the BicycleCoalition of Maine to promote and celebrate safe cycling events and pedestrian initiatives.
For more information about this exciting event, click on BikeMaine.org.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail