Can this book be rescued? | Arts & Culture
I don't know how I went to school 90 miles from Chicago and yet never knew anything about the 1893 Columbian Exposition. I first learned about it a few years ago watching the PBS specials Make No Little Plans and Chicago: City of the Century.
But then something mysterious happened. I was sorting through our attic storage area and discovered a treasure - one that needs a book doctor... stat!
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school
- 8 Miles Apart: A Look Inside School Consolidation for the Katahdin Region
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail