Applications for WLBZ 2 Sidewalk Art Festival now available. | Arts & Culture
(NEWS CENTER)-- Applications for artists to participate are now available for the 2012 WLBZ 2 Sidewalk Art Festival. The festival will be held on Saturday, August 4 in downtown Bangor (rain date Sunday, August 5).
The festival will return to its familar layout in Westmarket Square, all of Broad Street, Pickering Square, Merchant's Plaza Street and the pedestrian walkway over the Kenduskeag Stream.
This year will once again feature a special exhibit rate for art students and the return of a People's Choice Award-- a $700 cash award given to the artist who receives the most votes from the attending public, and a $250 Emerging Artist Award for participating art students.
Artists who wish to participate may download the WLBZ 2 Sidewalk Art Festival application and return by July 15. The fee for this year's show remains at $75 for a 10' x 10' booth space. The art student rate is $35.
New this year United Maine Craftsmen will be joining WLBZ 2 at the Art Festival. The all Maine artisan organization will have 50 + craftspeople set up by the Kenduskeag Stream, adjacent to where the artists are set up.
Top Bangor Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One Leg Remaining in Pine Tree Hospice’s Triple Crown Golf Tournament
- Mattawamkeag suspends fire chief over possible misuse of funds
- Chicken Stew and Ployes Dinner in Honor of Our Veterans
- Compassionate Communication Panel Discussion To Be Held At Mayo Regional Hospital Resource Center
- East Millinocket school board narrowly approves bond vote for high school