Prentiss, Maine (NEWS CENTER) – UPDATED 1:25p.m. - Maine State Fire Marshal officials say 8 firefighters and one state trooper had to be hospitalized after a camp fire in Prentiss early Sunday morning.
Sgt. Joel Davis of the Maine State Fire Marshal's office said a fire on Tucker Ridge Road was very smoky and filled with some though was "toxic" fumes. Davis said all people sent to hospitals have been treated and released and that there were no serious injuries.
NEWS CENTER spoke with several volunteer firefighters that were on scene and said they believe their treatment was for "precautionary" reasons and that there has been no confirmation of any toxic fumes during the fire.
Fire officials said initial reports indicated a potential meth lab fire. After investigation, officials determined that was not the case.